Fotona’s ClearSteps Onychomycosis Treatment is a revolutionary, patient-friendly method for treating onychomycosis (toenail fungus).
It is a simple and effective procedure that uses the power of Nd:YAG laser light to heat evenly throughout the depth of the affected nail and skin tissue, effectively weakening and killing parasitic fungi which have infected the patient’ nails.
Safe and effective, without side-effects
Deep, pulse-profile heating of the nail bed stimulates the killing of parasitic fungus. The natural growth and immune processes of the body can restore the nail to its pristine state.
Compared to traditional methods, the effects of laser light spread evenly throughout the tissue and are not subject to either the limits of chemical diffusion (as are topicals) or the induction of hepatoxic side effects (as is the case with oral medications).
ClearSteps is performed in three simple steps:
- Step 1: File down the Nail. During onychomycosis, the nail will become deformed and overgrown; it may also thicken. Filing down the nail allows laser light to penetrate the treatment site fully.
- Step 2: Administer Nd:YAG laser pulses in a circular pattern covering the entire nail. Slightly overlap the beam so that the nail is fully covered. The patient should feel a slight heating sensation throughout the nail.
- Step 3: Target Nd:YAG laser pulses around the perimeter of the nail bed and the finger or toe. Often parasitic fungus has worked its way beyond the nail bed and needs to be eliminated in all the tissue surrounding the nail to prevent a recurrence.
The ClearSteps treatment is usually performed four times, at one week intervals, and all of the nails should be treated during every treatment. Laser light can also effectively treat fungus which has infected skin tissue.
Why choose ClearSteps for nail fungal infection?
- Fast and effective ClearSteps treatment for onychomycosis using Fotona’s patented VSP Nd:YAG laser technology.
- Safely kills parasitic fungi which have infected a patient’s nails
- No topical chemicals or oral medications are needed, no side-effects
- The most patient-friendly and least-invasive onychomycosis treatment
- A simple, easy-to-perform, three-step procedure
Contact the expert team at Collins Laser Aesthetic, Melbourne’s leading laser and skin treatments specialists, to learn more about treating nail fungal infection and to arrange your FREE consultation.
Book your free Nail fungal Infection Treatments consultation? Book Now