What is microdermabrasion?
Microdermabrasion is a non-invasive, anti-ageing skin treatment that accelerates the exfoliation of dead skin cells. Our medical microdermabrasion treatment can be adjusted to suit all types of skin types and skin conditions, resulting in a procedure that’s tailored to suit your personal needs.
What does it treat?
Our medical microdermabrasion provides exceptional results for conditions, including:
- Fine lines and wrinkles
- Acne and acne scars
- Sun-damaged skin
- Whiteheads and blackheads
- Open and enlarged pores
- Age Spots
- Dull and lifeless skin
How does microdermabrasion work?
Collins laser Aesthetics includes an Exfoliation mechanism, Vacuum mechanism and Lymphatic Drainage. This painless, highly effective process stimulates natural collagen production in the deeper layers of the skin, resulting in hydrated, soft and glowing skin. Using a gentle vacuuming system with diamond tips gently removes dead skin cells, polishes the skin and unclogs your skin pores. With no downtime, this non-invasive treatment perfectly prepares your skin’s surface for antioxidant infusions.
How to prepare for a microdermabrasion treatment?
To get optimal results from your microdermabrasion session, we suggest you avoid the following things:
- Tweezing or waxing
- Sun exposure
- Laser treatments
- Chemical peels
- Exfoliating products
When you make a microdermabrasion appointment, our highly trained and experienced therapists will give you a list of things to avoid.
What can you expect after your treatment?
- After your microdermabrasion treatment, your skin may feel tight for a couple of days. This feeling is similar to being exposed to the wind or sun. You may also notice moderate skin peeling.
- If your face has scars or sun damage, you may notice mild swelling or redness for a few hours after your microdermabrasion treatment. For patients with sensitive skin, this may last for a few days.
Combining the advanced crystal-free microdermabrasion, vacuum technology, and customised liquid products, this luxurious treatment provides a gentle and effective exfoliation that leaves skin visibly soft, radiant, and glowing.
What is hydrodermabrasion?
Hydrodermabrasion is a more gentle system than a typical microdermabrasion device as it stimulates the circulation without irritation, leaving the skin plump, hydrated, looking fresh and polished.
Hydrodermabrasion can be used on all skin types. It helps with skin ageing, reduces skin congestion or blemishes, and fixes dull and discoloured skin.
What does it treat?
- Oily skin
- Dull skin
- Anti-aging/ age management, reducing fine lines and wrinkles
- Moderate acne and acne scarring
- Skin smoothing and immediate hydration and rejuvenation
- Sensitive skins
Benefits of Hydrodermabrasion
- exfoliates the skin to remove dead skin cells
- increases hydration and plumpness
- improves skin texture
- increases elasticity and firmness
- treats fine lines and wrinkles
- unclogs pores
- improves skin tone
- eliminate dark spots and hyperpigmentation
- reduces mild acne scars
Is Hydrodermabrasion safe?
Hydrodermabrasion is safe, painless and you can expect the best results in no downtime. In some cases, Collins Laser Aesthetics use both treatments at the same time with excellent results.
Microdermabrasion – $78 hydrodermabrasion – $129
For consultations and queries, give us a call at Collins Laser Aesthetics. We would gladly assist you on how to avail of our safe and effective skin treatments.